1. Who directed the documentary "Chasing Red" and what is its central theme?
"Chasing Red" is directed by Dennis Clancey and captures the intense and thrilling experience of the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain, during the Fiesta de San Fermín.
2. When and where did the film premiere, and what recognition did it receive?
The documentary premiered at the LA Indie Film Festival in 2015, securing the top honor, Best of the Fest, surpassing numerous award-winning documentaries.
3. How was the film funded, and who were the main contributors?
Dennis Clancey funded the film himself, with additional support from crowdfunding participants and partial funding from Running of the Bulls Dot Com.
4. Who were the producers of "Chasing Red," and where can one find a comprehensive list of the cast and crew?
The producers were Dennis Clancey, Brandon Widener, and Iker Zuasti. The main page of the movie website provides a detailed summary of the cast and crew.
5. What was the principal production budget, and how was it allocated?
The documentary operated on a budget of less than $25,000, with $16,000 dedicated to crew flights and the remainder spent on rent, food, and incidentals.
6. In how many countries has "Chasing Red" been screened, and did it have a theatrical release in the United States?
The film had a limited theatrical release in the United States and has been screened in over 14 countries, showcasing its international appeal.
7. Where were the primary filming locations, aside from Pamplona?
While Pamplona served as the primary location, the documentary also featured scenes filmed in Arizona, various Spanish towns, and California.
8. Can you provide a brief overview of the plot of "Chasing Red"?
The documentary follows four runners during the 2012 Fiesta de San Fermín, offering a glimpse into their preparation, experiences, and the challenges faced during the eight bull runs.
9. What is the significance of the term "Chasing Red" in the film?
Coined by director Dennis Clancey, "Chasing Red" symbolizes the pursuit of something beyond reach, akin to a bull chasing a moving cape. It signifies the value found in a purposeful and persistent quest.
10. Any notable achievements or developments for the cast post-"Chasing Red"?
Post-release, Bill Hillmann became an English professor and author. Both Dennis Clancey and Bill were featured in CNN's "Seeing Red: The Running of the Bulls" in 2023, with credits acknowledging their contributions to the segment inspired by "Chasing Red."